View Larger Map
- Take I-95 South toward Warwick/South County.
- Merge onto RI Route 4 South via Exit 9 (left exit) toward North Kingstown.
- Continue south as Route 4 merges with Route 1 South (Tower Hill Road).
- Take Route 138 East over the Jamestown-VerrazanoBridg eand theNewport-Pell Bridge (NewportBridgetoll is $4 or $.87 with EZPass).
- Take first exit off Newport Bridge (Scenic Newport Exit). At stop sign at bottom of exit, turn right onto Farewell Street. Go through 2 stoplights onFarewell Street. Follow traffic and bear right at Warner Street onto Thames Street.
- Turn left at stop sign ontoMarlborough Street.
- Follow Marlborough past stop sign at Farewell Street. The White Horse Tavern and Great Friends Meeting House are on the left.
- Just past the Great Friends Meeting House, turn left onto Dr. Marcus F. Wheatland Boulevard.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center is on the left, a large grey building, just past the City Hall parking lot.
From Southeastern Massachusetts:
- Take Route 195 to exit 8A, onto Route 24 South (Tiverton,Newport).
- Continue South on Route 24 throughFall Riverand Tiverton, crossing the Sakonnet River Bridge intoPortsmouth.
- Continue South on 24, merging onto Rt. 114 South as highway ends.
- Follow Route 114 south (West Main Road) through Portsmouth and Middletown. West Main Road becomes Broadway upon entering Newport.
- Continue south past Newport Hospital and Thompson Middle School.
- Turn right at Newport City Hall onto Marlborough Street.
- Take the next right onto Dr. Marcus F. Wheatland Boulevard (Great Friends Meeting House is on the corner).
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center is on the left, a large grey building, just past the City Hall parking lot
Parking in the City Hall lot is by permit only (and vigorously policed from May to October), but parking is available on Wheatland Boulevard, Tilden Avenue, and Edwards Street.
• Main Reception Desk and Food Pantry Entrance is at the Tilden Avenue Entrance (the right hand corner of the building if facing us onWheatland Boulevard).
• Breakfast Program, K-5 Out of School Time Program, Community Events use the Edwards Street Entrance (parking lot side) for access during program times.
• Pre-School Entrance is on Dr. Marcus F. Wheatland Boulevard.