You can be the person who strengthens Newport County.
Your contribution to the MLK Community Center makes a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable of our neighbors. Your gift helps us purchase food for over 2,500 hungry people. Your gift helps us provide the resources to help a child not only stay on grade level, but to excel in school. Your gift helps local women learn new skills, become empowered, and open their own businesses. Your gift helps our clients learn to embrace a healthy lifestyle and move forward in their lives.
Your donation deserves the thanks of hundreds of individuals and families. Thank you for joining other local individuals, families, and businesses who are changing so many lives.
There are numerous ways to give. You can:
• Make a secure online donation using your Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card.
Click here to get started.
• Send in a contribution. Checks should be made payable to MLKCC and mailed to:
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center
20 Dr. Marcus F. Wheatland Blvd.
Newport, RI 02840
• You may charge your gift by telephone.
Be sure to have ready the amount you wish to donate, your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit card number, the CVV code, and the expiration date. Call Alyson Novick, Executive Assistant, at 401-846-4828 x 102.
Federal and state employees can designate charitable giving to approved charitable organizations.
- RI and SEMA Combine Federal Campaign (CFC): The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center’s CFC code is #72421.
- RI State Employees Charitable Appeal (SECA): The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center’s CFC code is #5380.
Other Giving Options
• If your company has a matching gift program, participating will double or triple your gift.
• Bequests and other planned gifts will make a lasting contribution to your community.
• Gifts for special occasions, such as anniversaries and birthdays are a meaningful way to celebrate.
• Tribute gifts remember a loved one or honor a milestone event, like weddings, birthdays and anniversary.
• Write the name of the MLK Community Center in the section of the United Way Appeals form that specifies Donor Designation.
• Monthly Giving Program.
• Donate an auction item to our Swing into Spring fundraising event.
• Become a Sponsor at our annual Swing into Spring event.
• Donate in-kind. Click here for our Wish List.
• Give to our Holiday Help program, Santa’s Workshop. We provide toys and gifts for children from birth to age 16. Parents come to the Center the day of Santa’s Workshop to choose Christmas gifts for their children. Volunteers escort parents through the workshop and wrap the packages before they leave. It takes an army of volunteers and over 1,000 toys, gifts and gift cards to make this program possible. To make Christmas morning merry for a local child, Click Here for our Holiday Toy List.
There are also gifts of stock. When you give long-term appreciated securities, you may pay no capital gains tax on the transfer and be entitled to an income tax charitable deduction based on the full current market value of the stock. Your tax advisor can give you specific information.
Your support will have results – students in our Lighthouse Preschool will begin school ready to learn, students and their families in the Lighthouse After School Academy will have academic support and enrichment activities, families will have access to nutrition education, fresh produce, and food that meets their dietary and cultural tastes through the Feed a Friend food pantry, just to name a few.
The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and all charitable contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. If you want to find out more about us before you make a gift, we encourage you to check out more of our website or schedule a tour of our programs with Marilyn Warren, Executive Director, by contacting her at email@example.com or (401) 846-4828, extension 105.
Thank you for your interest and support!